Our portfolio of advisory services covers all major commodities and in particular the areas of:
- Small-scale Mining and Artisanal Mining Technology: extraction and processing of minerals, mine health and safety, environmental impacts and measures with special emphasis on reduction or substitution of mercury use; appropriate technology in general.
- Mining and Minerals Economics: at micro and macro level; from operational feasibility to local or national economic development and sustainability.
- ICT4D - (Information and communication technology for development) from user-friendly web-based database solutions to GIS analysis.
- Social aspects related to participation and engagement with communities and in particular sustainable livelihoods and human rights based empowerment of ASM communities, mitigation and resolution of conflicts.
- Responsible Minerals Supply Chains and in particular access of miners to fair markets, and access of downstream operators and consumers to responsibly mined and transparently and traceably traded minerals. Fairmined Gold. Responsible Mining Standards.
- Minerals Policy and Formalization of Informal Mining: Good governance in the Extractive Industries sector, co-existence between artisanal and industrial mining, legal and regulatory frameworks for responsible ASM, legalisation, formalization approaches for ASM.
- Training and Capacity Building on all above mentioned aspects; from grassroots to academic level.